Monday, July 13, 2009

BBQ Bro!

Ok, so I have just gotten back from an underway on Friday. Also my wife, Rachel, and I have a tradition whenever I go on an underway we BBQ. So to take a break from my espresso machine endeavors and troubleshooting, here are some shots of the last two times we BBQ'ed. The weekend prior to going underway I grilled some steaks and sausages. The steaks were alittle fatty and over cooked in my opinion. They were still good and juicy, I just prefer my steak alittle rarer, but I am pretty clueless about grilling. The sausages were amazing. We did not have both steaks AND sausages in one meal other wise you'd be reading about my trip to the hospital after a recent heart attack. The steaks were on a Friday, and sausages on Saturday. Since I got back we decided to grill burgers and they turned out great. I grill only one type of burger, and that is a bacon-cheeseburger. When the ground beef is grilling and I go and flip them (only once!) I immediately throw the cheese and bacon on the now exposed side so the flavors can mix and get all happy. I toast the buns on the grill too, it is the only way. Oh, and the shish kebabs were also out of this world.








1 comment:

  1. Just had to comment on how much I've enjoyed your posts. The visuals are a great touch too, they certainly enforce the Pavlovian Theory. Even your descriptions of the proper product from your "coffee command center" gets me going. Did I detect a bit of "Emeril" on your explanation of how to cook a bacon cheese burger? Stay "happy"!!!

    ReplyDelete